Hi,
I landed in Cape Town on thursday night after a shocker day of travelling. I have decided that if I do not expend enough energy for a day, I start to feel like a caged animal!
Zealese picked me up from the airport, and I am staying with her and Matt (husband) and Kheya (4 month old). They have a beautiful flat in Green POint, right near the waterfront.
Spent friday checking out the waterfront area, there was a power failure at about 2pm, so our shopping was haltered significantly, so will need to repeat the exercise again this coming week. On friday night we drove down to Paternoster, which is 90 mins away on the coast. Zea's parents live there (they are on holiday in Zimbabwe) so ew had a lovely house on the beach to stay in.
Zea and I got the bikes out and went riding around the village, and even spotted whales along the coast. There were several dead seals on the beach too - phew, do they smell.
I tried voetkoek - traditional south african meal for lunch, and Matt cooked an amazing braai for dinner. We came back to Cape Town this evening in time for church at 7pm.
Lots more to do in Cape Town before I leave on thursday morning. Still have not seen the top of Table Mountain, due to the never relenting low clouds! Am praying for the situation to be reversed.
Cape Town is way more relaxed than Jo'berg. I even went out by myself this afternoon to look at some markets! Very brave!
Best run.
Ngaira xx