Arrived in Joburg last night on sunset, therefore by the time we had got our lugagge, picked up a hire car and mobile it was dark. Not quite the strat I was thinking of - apparently driving around Joburg at night is not particularly safe! But after several wrong turns we found our way to friends of Mike's. We had a lovely dinner, and then stayed the evening at the sons empty flat (currently in Dubai) - which was pure luxury. We had two beds, two bathrooms, hot water, a television and a sofa.
The panic alarm that we were shown how to use - well shall I say it freaked me out slightly! Mike has been telling me I am not safety conscious enough - however barbed wire and electric fences seemed to shock me into a sense of reality. Amusingly enough Mike is more comfortable with these precautions - they unfortunately do not allow be to remain naive - so I would prefer a white picket fence.
We both were up at 5am this morning - so we have had a good chance to have a look around and do a spot of shopping. One more night then off to Namibia.
Ciao for now!
Ngaira
xx