Friday, December 16, 2005

Canberra, Australia

Hi,

Well lots has changed since my last post. I arrived safely in Canberra just after a massive electrical storm. I spent my first week in town with my family and my Grandpa. After being around for less than a week I then was offered a casual job as an OT at Calvary Hospital. I started work this week on the 12th December, and am so far really enjoying it.

I have managed to catch up with lots of old mates, and even went to a Carols by Candlelight tonight on the lawns of the War Memorial.

My Grandpa passed away today, peacefully at the local hospice. I wanted to take this opportunity to thankyou all for your kind thoughts and support over the last couple of weeks. His funeral will be held in Canberra on Monday 19th December. I have had to change my Christmas plans, and will now be flying up to Townsville on Christmas eve. Apologies to those who I was going to visit on my way north.

I hope everyone is having a great leadup to Christmas, and enjoying the indulgence!
Merry Christmas!

Ngaira
xx