Angie and I left Las Vegas on friday afternoon after work and drove to Williams a small town 55 miles from the Grand Canyon. We gotin at about 11pm, and got upgraded to a queen suite - very nice! We got up early in the morning to get to the Grand Canyon...it is an amazing site. I guess I was expecting something great...but I didn't expect something that big and wide.
We bought some supplies from the shop and decided to do one of the least hiked trails - South Kaibab. We hiked to the thrid point which wsa a 6 mile (10km) return hike with an elevation change of 2040ft or 622m. By the time we got back to the car 6 hours later - we were both pretty tired and covered in red soil! We went and booked into our hotel and cleaned up before heading back to catch sunset...amazing!
We had dinner at a local restaurant, being served by cowboys - and once again I was served a scone with my steak - the americans call them biscuits...so desert and dinner all in one!
We slept very well, and got up to go to church in the Grand Canyon. We went to a really nice catholic service, then walked the rim trail for a cuople of km's to stretch our legs.
We drove home, feeling very satisfied with our weekend and the great time...we were chatting away so much..we missed our turn off to Las Vegas, and didn't realise. We drove so far we ended up in California...a road trip to remember..
No comments:
Post a Comment