Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Departure Day

Well the 19th of January has come...I am packed and sitting at Sydney International Airport awaiting my flight to Johannesburg. I have had such a wonderful couple of weeks leading up to today. I was a little more organised than expected, and managed to make it up to Katoomba to attend 3 days of the Church Missionary Society (CMS) Conference. Peter Jensen opened up Genesis and I was once again struck by how much more I have to understand, this excites and encourages me. I was also able to attend some sessions run by missionaries on furlough.

From Katoomba I headed back to Canberra via Young. I spent a lovely evening with Carolyn and John Payne before arriving back in Canberra in time for my farewell afternoon tea and baptism.

So I decided to get baptised, and it was a wonderful afternoon with many dear friends. I was Christened as a baby, but this was an opportunity for me to declare my allegiance to Jesus Christ. Nothing special happened, just reminded me and others who were there, of the commitment I made in 2003.

The last few days have been hectic, and a few jobs have been left undone. Oh well! I spent my last day in Canberra literally glued to calico and felt, as I finished off the banners that we need for Zimbabwe. I received so much help from Richard (thanks do much!) and his Mum was very gracious when I managed to blow up the sewing machine!

Last night I had dinner with my sister, Mercia and her godmother Maureen and her husband Peter Hilton. It was a lovely evening and a fantastic way to finish up my time. I got home around 10pm, then my dear friends Simon, Emma, Deepthi and Richard came around to share some last precious hours, help me pack, and remind me of forgotten jobs! I feel so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life.

So here I am now, sitting at the airport, feeling like the luckiest person in the world. Thanks to you all who have loved and laughed with me.

Off to Johannesburg I now go.

Ngaira x


P.S. Itinerary for the next wee while....


19th January - depart Canberra 04.15 on GX322 arr Syd Int Airport 07.45
19th January - depart Sydney 10.35 on QF63 arr Johannesburg, SA 15.30
19th January - accommodation Permont Mondior at Emperors Palace, Johannesburg
20th January - depart Johannesburg 10.30 on SA22 arr Harare, Zimbabwe 12.10

Mission Trip in Zimbabwe. Organizer Howard Spencer, AFES.

24th Jan - travel to Risutu
30th Jan - travel to Mutare
1st Feb - travel to Masvingo
4th Feb - travel to Bulawayo
7th Jan - travel to Victoria Falls
10th Feb - travel to Harare

17th February - depart Harare 07.20 SA25 arr Johannesburg 09.10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ngaira, I am so excited you are off to Rusitu today :D Have fun, you're in my prayers. love Ali S xx