Well I am in sunny Ireland - well not at the moment becasue it is the middle of winter! I arrived yesterday after spenind the night in Luton with some old family friends the O'Keefe's. They have just sold their family home and are moving in January -so it was nice to have one more meal and a few bottles of wine in such a familiar home.
I got up at 5am and went to the airport with Sarah (their daughter) who works for EasyJet. I had my flight at 9.30am - so I managed to fill in the hours before my flight left. The airplane was tiny - it had only 72 seats, four across and 18 rows....i think this may be smaller than the Dash 8's that fly to canberra. I landed safe and sound into Waterford airport - very very small airport, before catching a taxi to the Waterford Crystal Factory. I did a tour, and got to hold the Ashes Trophy (made of Waterford Crystal). I was almost going to buy something....... but they had none left in stock...lucky! My imagination did run a little wild!
I caught the bus to Cork, and met up with Carly after she hd finished work, and we drove back to Cobh. I got to see her two gorgeous children again Ella (2.5) and Aidan (1.4). They are both lively and talkative, and loved their little presents from Australia. Carly's husband John works in Waterford at the moment and had a Xmas party last night so stayed in Waterford - so I am looking forward to seeing him tonight.
I went with Carly and Aidan to Gymboree today - all these lovely irish accents filled my ears! I could have sat there and listened to them for hours. It is pretty cold and windy outside, so probably will stay in most of the day.
Til next installment
Ngaira
No comments:
Post a Comment