Monday, December 03, 2007

Day one - London, UK

Well I am back in London town, and I feel like I have not been away. I am going to try and keep this blog as updated as possible during this trip! For those of you who may not have even known I was coming away, my apologies. I needed to do some business things and I wanted to spend Christmas with my Grannie, so the trip was born. I flew out of Sydney on saturday 1st December. Asmono drove me up to Sydney to catch my flight. All went fairly well, except I had my toothpaste and face wash taken off me by security. I had no idea I couldn't take them on as carry on luggage. I got crappy seats, because you can now check-in online (it appears everyone else knew about this!), so was in the middle of two other passengers for the whole time. Will definately be checking in online for the return journey!

I landed in London on sunday morning at 6am, and made my way into London on the tube (underground). I arrived on my aunt and uncles doorstep at 8am, just in time for breakfast. Was great to ssee them again, and the familiarity of their flat is always appreciated after such a long flight. I had a bath (they are yet to appreciate the benefits of a shower!) and headed down to Kensignton High Street with Hanah (aunt) for some shopping. I managed to spend lots of pounds and now have a fairly impresive winter wardrobe. We walked back to their flat via Kensignton gardens and palace.

My aunt cooked a lovely dinner of salmon and vegetables, before i headed back out by myself to go to church at HTB. I arrived to see only a few familiar faces, and Tim Hughes leading worship and doing the talk. I caught up with some friends after church over a cup of tea, and felt an amazing sense of fellowship. I started yawing at about 7.30 and headed back to the flat at the end of what felt like a very long day.

I fell asleep in front of the telly on the couch at about 9pm, and awaok eonly briefly at 11pm, when everyone went to bed and the front room transformed into my bedroom.

I awoke this morning feeling fresh and excited about the day ahead!

Til next time

Ngaira
xx

No comments: