Saturday, December 15, 2007

Cold cold Cobh, Ireland

Well yesterday I had a lovely day. Carly and John went to work, so I was at home with the kids and their minder. I even got in a little morniing nap on the sofa. I caught the train into Cork in the afternoon and met up with Carly after work. We hit the shops and I bought some lovely presents. I also bought myself a pair of earings and a lovely necklace. We then headed out to dinner with 4 of Carly's girlfriends - a girls night out. They have all got at least 2 children each, so were excited to be out unhindered. We went to a pub first and had a few drinks before heading to a lovely resturant called Citrus. We were the last ones to leave the restaurant, so obviously were enjoying each others company as well as the food.

I have to admit I was a bit sore and feeling sory for myself this morning... i think they call it a hangover! Carly made us pancakes though - so that always helps, washed down with a cup of Barry's tea. Carly, Ella and I went out to a local market this morning in a little town called Midleton and bought some lovely goodies on offer (goats cheese, fresh fish, real bread etc).

We then had to pick up the car (as we were not in a state to drive home the night before) from Douglas and popped into see another of Carly's friends Kate. She is hilarious and kept us entertained for an hour or so.

John's brother p[opped around this afternoon, Bill, he has just headed off to play a gig tonight, (front band for a group called Aslan). We are now all cosy and settled in for the night - is freezing outside.

Flying back to london tomorrow, before my next adventure!

Ngaira
xx

No comments: